Joyska's Journal: The princess bride











Sunday, August 01, 2004

The princess bride

Okay, so I have obviously hit a nerve with in the community. The Princess Bride (TPB) was made in what year? Was the book as funny as the movie? These are all questions to test the metal of you so-called fans... Here is yet a couple more...

What was the name of the country that they were trying to frame? and what opened the door to the torture chamber?

Well, on another topic... I came across a really great verse the other day that I am sharing with lots of people because it so encouraged me and will hopefully encourage you as well...

Philippians 2:13 (NLT)
For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him.

I believe the verse in NIV says something like to will and to do his perfect will.
I was once again struck by his gracious heart for those of us who are weak! He gives us the desire to obey him, and then because he knows the human heart he gives us the POWER to do what pleases him! So if you are anyhting like me, knowing the desire and the power comes from Christ, it just takes the pressure off a little from it needing to be my own personal willpower to do what is right and to follow all that he has for me. In fact the way I read it, it has very little to do with me at all. It is more being open to placing myself again and again in a place where he can speak, i can listen and forever be changed! So again, if you are at all like me... be encouraged!

So finish this quote... Buttercup:"We'll never make it!" To which Wesley responds...

Have a great day!
Joyska at 5:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home