Joyska's Journal











Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ahh the prayer room



It feels like it has been forever since I've found myself in the third row at 12:00 am, but tonight, here I am. Sarah Edwards is finishing up her set and Shawna Forrey is up, coming in on her guitar as Sarah leaves the keyboard. It's an amazing hand off as once again, a new team comes on and yet the worship never stops. Who thought of this?

This room is a sweet fragrance to me. I have had my "struggles" trying to figure out where I fit in this ever growing prayer furnace, and yet, as I remember back to two years ago (almost) I see that this room is very dear to my heart.

With the onslaught of the One Thing conference and 15,000 people coming to hear messages I hear every week, I realized how easy it is to take IHOP for granted. I am literally 100 feet from a place that never stops in prayer and worship. What an honour.

However, I have seen that it is so easy to get busy with other things... even at IHOP. Mike Bickle says often that IHOP has to be converted to IHOP. I finally am seeing what that means. INTERCESSION, HOLINESS, OFFERINGS, and the PROPHETIC. All of them awesome in scope and purpose, and even harder to walk out.

Yet here I am, amongst a people who have said yes. Amongst a people who offer their lives to be wasted in a prayer room, to know their prayers can move heaven and earth. The doing is good... necessary even, but the prayer is essential to be the power behind the "doing". I think if I've learned anything in the last year and 10 months it is that. Without being rooted and grounded in his word and connected in prayer... there is little worth working for.

IHOP is a place that needs to be experienced. It's not easily explained. I guess that is as good of an invitation as I can give. Just don't come if you are expecting to leave the same as you came. But know you can always stay at "hotel Joyska" where there is always a coke of some variety waiting and late night conversations to work it through! Anytime... just call first! :)
Joyska at 9:58 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

What a tempting invitation! What with Dey's new job...maybe it will actually happen sometime! :)

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel somewhat converted......where oh where is my beloved ihop... where have i stashed her...... when you find her tell ive missed her....

3:52 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Mmmmmmm....that sounds so nice.
While you are praying in that lovely, please pray for DJ and I.
We need God to unleash some serious financial blessing to make it possible for us to come and answer the invitation.
My hubby has never experienced IHOP and my girls would LOVE it, and I know I love it already.
We would also enjoy staying at Chez Joyska as well.
All we need is one large miracle.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It was so good seeing you on the weekend...even if it was just for a few minutes.

You live in a blessed place!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Has it been 2 years already?! Unbelievable!! Keep going and take it all in. Who knows what the future holds so this is the time to enjoy what you have. Blessings on you in all that you have given to us in the process. Such generosity!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT is 11:29 p.m.

I just read your blog and all I hear is truth! I used to be very involved with fire in the night two years ago! I miss that place so much! You are right, the calling to say "YES" and knowing that we are all in agreement with HIS heart is worth it all and much more...

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home