Joyska's Journal: Christmas is upon us











Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas is upon us

For the last two weeks, Hope City has had an "Adopt a Homeless Person" tree up at Forerunner Christian Fellowship. The idea is to take a name from the tree, spend around $30.00 on some warm clothes, socks, and a bag of candy and bring it back to us to hand out to the homeless people we know.The response has been amazing. The drop off date is the 16th, but already my room is filling with large bags of Christmas presents for our friends.

This is one Christmas that we will truley be able to bless the people through the generosity of God's family! We are so grateful!

Keep watching for pictures of the party and the "drop offs" that will be coming this week!
Joyska at 6:35 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Did you have fun with the Parks? Man I wish you were here...but I love what you're doing there!
Simeon and Dada are going to buy a 'birthday present for Jesus' today. We're hoping to instil some justice and mercy values in him as much as possible this year!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyska,
Sorry for the lack of comments... actually, the last couple times I visited your page they weren't working. Since I have only gotten about 10 comments total in 5 months, believe me, I can feel the no-comment pain. :P
BUT I want to say how exciting ALl this is, the 'puter, and the Christmas stuff... I am looking forward to hand-out pics!
Hugs,
Jenni

5:35 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

now, THAT
is a real
tree, the way christmas is intended to be.

love it!

ps brian, shi fry and i can't make it to the conference. b tried to get the time off but can't right now. BUT nearly ALL of niverville is coming. (including my sister)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Got the goods! Woohoo! Thank you heaps! I gave the kids their special 'cups' but should I save the video for Christmas or give it to them now? They LOVE their new cups - and so does Deyan! :) Thanks for the music too!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

That's a great idea!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home