Joyska's Journal: Life with Lisa is never uneventful











Friday, November 03, 2006

Life with Lisa is never uneventful

Lisa is the fearless leader of Hope City. When I joined with them about a year ago, I liked her from the start. Her life has been a testimony of what the Lord can and will do when we say yes to him.

However, lately... i think the adventures are getting a little on the crazy side.

What I neglected to tell you about Halloween night was that we were driving around the East Bottoms after meeting with the family because it is where Lisa grew up, and where she was taking us down a little "memory lane". Now you have to understand... I trust Lisa... a lot, and I have no issues with her driving like a maniac on the highways and byways that life with Hope City takes us on.

But I'm beginning to wonder.

We are driving in the dark, back behind the railroad tracks... And we hear the sound of the train whistle. Next thing I know... Lisa is gunning it across the tracks and I am staring down an oncoming train seeing my life pass by my eyes. I am in my head invisioning how to climb over Lisa and jump out the window as she is gleefully screaming "weeeeeee".

Connie, in the back seat, as we are on the other side of the tracks, says, "ah... the train wasn't even moving"

Yes, yes it was... and I am happy to still be here.

My time is up, although there is much more to tell about the funeral and the events following, but I must save it for tomorrow!

*PLEASE... do NOT try to beat a train....EVER! I'm still recovering :)*
Joyska at 11:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home