Joyska's Journal: Oh what a night!











Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oh what a night!

What did you do on Halloween?

Well... I was in the "East Bottoms" with Lisa trying to meet with a family whose mom had been shot this past week. The East Bottoms are about as much of the "hood" as I have been in since my move to Kansas City. It's been an education to say the least.

Working with the addicted, the poor, the homeless, and the broken is not easy on your heart. I have felt many things over this week... Violation with the break in, betrayal as we have discovered some things about some of our friends downtown, sorrow for the brokenness of peoples lives, joy as we have had some amazing prayer meetings, and jubilation as Suzanne was led to the Lord on Tuesday by Marsha!

God is faithful in all things... even when we don't get it all the time.

A woman donated 50 bags that contained hats (toques), gloves, chapstick, and candy for us to handout to the homeless at the park on Monday. That was fun! Then Tuesday's prayer meeting was awesome. Running around downtown with Lisa was educational and hilarious, and I even got to spend some time with Pat Bickle.

Thank you for praying for him with us. He is home again and seems to be doing much better. When we were talking about him being healed, he said he "didn't want the 5 year plan, or even the 2 year plan" He (we all) want the 2 minute plan... COME LORD JESUS and heal!

My entries are going to be a little bit scattered over the next little while til I figure out how to replace my missing items. But I'll post when I can...

There is someone waiting for the computer in Higher Grounds even now as I type.

Later!
Joyska at 5:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home