Joyska's Journal: Florida -- Day One! :)











Monday, October 02, 2006

Florida -- Day One! :)

It's beautiful

I am looking out on the ocean, palm trees, big waves, kids in the water, hardly a cloud in the sky and already my skin is darker than I have had in years. I arrived in Jacksonville yesterday, was met by my mom and dad, brother and sister in law, a niece a nephew and my nieces best friend.

We drove a bit and stopped for a bite to eat. As we were sitting there we realized some funny similarities...

These are the girls:
Joyska (me)
Jenny (mom)
Janet (sis in law)
Jenna (my niece)
Jessie (Jenna's friend)

say that ten times fast! Joyska, Jenny, Janet, Jenna, Jessie. AND 4 of the 5 are Schmids! It's wierd to be around so many people with the same last name! And then of course there are the boys...

Emile (dad)
Marcel Emile (brother)
William Emile (nephew)

Not only do THEY share the same name, we all look a lot alike. I'll post pics when we get some. In fact when people see us all together... there is no question we ARE family. I look a lot like my dad and my brother, as well as my niece... fun.

We are in a couple of great ocean view rooms very close to Daytona Beach. Mom and I sat on the patio while we listened to the waves and wind. There is nothing like that.

I'm enjoying the weather, the ocean, the wind and the waves. I took a walk on the beach last night, and will go again soon. I can't believe how peaceful it is here... There are hardly any other people on the beach, and we had the pool to ourselves most of the time we were there (the waves tire you out if you are out there too long in the ocean). It's a balmy 85 degrees and looks like that is the forcast for the week! woo hoo!

If you are looking for me next week, look for the black girl with red curly hair, cause if I get as much sun this week as I got today... yep... changing races for a while! haha. Either that or look for the girl who resembles a lobster and can hardly walk! One of the two. :)

I hope you are enjoying your days wherever you are. I know I'm enjoing mine!

See ya... the ocean is calling my name again!
Joyska at 11:32 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home