Joyska's Journal: Updates needed











Saturday, November 11, 2006

Updates needed

Not having a computer is crazy!

I do not like the communication breakdown of it. It has been harder for me than I thought it would be. I know that I haven't been too faithful at updating my blog and many "bloggable" moments have gone by and been missed. But God is so much bigger than my computer woes.

They did catch the young man responsible for the break ins and that has been great. People are breathing a little easier and yet the doors and windows are staying securely latched and bolted :)

There has been a lot going on. Some of our friends have been through the ringer and have taken us with them! The drama on the street is never dull that is for sure. Just because of holding stories in confidence, I really can't say more, but I would ask that you would pray for Frog, Michelle, Puck, Stephanie, and Will. Keep them close to your heart if the Lord so moves you. There is always so much happening and for whatever reason, God has us in the middle of it.

Yesterday, we brought Suzanne out to my place for the afternoon and then we all went out to Ronna's for a "girl's party/ team meeting". I think Suzanne is just SO amazing. Her story is so filled with pain, light, brokenness, and struggle. She came to my house tired, dirty and in some serious pain, not to mention hungry. So, she showered while I made Spaghetti and meatballs, got her some clean clothes,we ate, and headed over to the House of Prayer for a while. She loved it in there. It was so peaceful and she just sat and soaked in the worship and prayer.

After awhile, we went back to my place and I told her to pick out a movie (she really wanted to just lay on the couch under a warm blanket) and she made the most interesting choice. She chose "With Honors"... a movie about some Harvard University students who meet a homeless man.

It was strange and sureal as she was wrapped up in a heavy wool blanket, laying on my couch as I folded my baskets of laundry watching a movie that was basically her life. It did prompt an amazing conversation and helped us go to deeper levels of what her life has been, has become, and has the potential to be. She accepted the Lord a week or two ago (through MARSHA!!) and she is trying to live a life that honors Him even in the midst of her struggle.

Once we got to Ronna's it was a lot of laughter, a lot of food, and a wonderfully warm bed.

But I will say this... dropping her back off on the street (her choice to be with her husband) was one of the most difficult things to do. The Lord knows and sees however and once again, we trust that He is bringing us where we need to be.

Please continue to pray... mostly for discernment and for faith to stay the course as we encounter the difficult stories and the hard part of living life on the streets. Thank you for sticking with me in this journey. It is changing me.
Joyska at 11:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home