Joyska's Journal: God is in our midst











Saturday, March 26, 2005

God is in our midst

This weekend was my first Children's Leadership Summit. Man, if you work with kids, you need to come to one of these! It was beautiful. There were about 50 people who came just to hear more about what happens with the kids here. The main speaker of course was Lenny, but Tracy (his wife) and Dee Bennett spoke one of the sessions as well. I have been in enough trainings now where I have heard a lot of the stuff, but hearing it all together and being in a meeting where people were hearing it for the first time was inspiring. I wish I could in one blog tell you what happened, but it is too much. The best way to describe it was that God was in our midst.

A key phrase for me, was this: You may not be called to Children's ministry, but we are all called to pass on our knowledge, wisdom, and experience to those who come after us. It is so NOT about filling slots on a Sunday Morning, even though we need to do that, it's about recognizing that everything that God is doing in us, he wants to, and is doing in our kids.

Not convinced? Ask the next kid you see what God is saying to THEM. I promise you, that after they get over the shock that you even asked, they will either walk away with a hunger in their heart to find out, or they will blow you away with what God is saying to them. If we aren't asking the question, how will they ever know,first that God wants to and will talk to them, and second, that we want to hear what He is saying. It's the whole Samuel thing AGAIN! I can't seem to get away from that!

Anyway, I've stepped off my soapbox (for awhile anyway) Let me just say this, it is one thing to think it's possible, it's another to see it in action. I'm seeing it man, and it is truly God in our midst, speaking through the children. Let's take the time to listen!
Joyska at 4:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home