Joyska's Journal: The way, the truth, the life











Thursday, March 17, 2005

The way, the truth, the life

Class was cancelled this morning so I made cookies while I listened to as many CD's as I could to get caught up. There is so much information, and all of it requires that I search it out in scripture and to really dig for answers. I love that aspect of it, but it turns your heart and head around a little as some of the info is new, is challenging and grips your heart.

Tonight one of the teachers from FSM (Forerunner School of Ministry) had a picture of the ground shaking beneath our feet and that all the gravel and stones were shaken away as we sank deeper into the rock (which was Christ). I feel that. All the things that used to distract me from... well, everything, are falling away. I haven't been to or seen a movie since I moved here. (Not that movies are bad, that is NOT what I am saying) but for me they had totally become a distraction from the Word, from prayer, even from relationships. I haven't missed them at all. Maybe I will when I am not quite so busy, but I don't think so. I feel like too, that all the distractions have been replaced with a greater focus.

Don't get me wrong. I live less than 500 yards from the House of Prayer, and I am not in this room near as often as I want to be. I still live my day to day life. I still take care of the kids, I plan, I purpose, I set about my day, but I also find that the purpose of it all is changing. I don't find myself doing things because they need to be done. I'm doing things because it is honouring to the King. I'm doing things because it is part of His plan and purpose for my life. It's the "good thing he has purposed for me to do"

It also is a place of wrestle as I posted the other day. It's not all laid out the way I like it, the way I would do it, the way I think it should be done. That is part of the shaking for me. It has very little to do with me. There is so much more to it, but I (for one of the first times in my life hehehe) am at a loss for words.

I will say this. Pray for clarity and truth. That is the deepest desire of my heart. That God would speak clearly and that truth would be my foundation... which works cuz doesn't it say somewhere that He is the Way, the Truth, AND the Life? I guess my prayer is a good one!!! Please pray it with me!
Joyska at 9:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home