Joyska's Journal











Sunday, March 13, 2005

wow. I just came from my TENTH session with the three to five year olds in FOUR days. And I'm still standing. This morning and tonight were probably my favourite sessions! Today I went through the story of Samuel and Eli * a personal favourite * with the kids. It was so good! We talked about how Samuel lived in the presence of the LORD, and how it must have been for him. Then we talked about Eli and how he was old and needed help. Then of course the best part about how God called Samuel -- eventhough he was still a boy -- to be God's voice to Eli. The kids were really listening when I said that there are times when God will tell us things that people may not want to hear, but if we are sure that God said it to our Spiritual ears, not our natural ears, than we NEED to say it.

We talked about what it meant to really here God's voice, that sometimes it is a picture in our head, or we "hear" him say something to us, or we see or hear a word, a name, whatever God wants to show us. Then I had them get into their "caves" (which is curled up tight on the floor - like they are bowing before the King) and we prayed. I asked Jesus to come and speak to the kids. It was great.

The kids heard everything from "I love you" to "I saw a table with lots and lots of food and someone saying 'come and eat'" Of course you get the kids who want to make a joke, but many of them heard things. There were a few of the kids that said they had gotten something, but they didn't want to share, which of course is their choice, but I talked again about Eli, and how Samuel was afraid to tell Eli too, but because it was what God had spoken, Samuel had to be obedient. One of the girls then said, "I feel danger is coming" -- she is four. Of course we prayed again, thanking God for speaking and asking for protection. I could really sense God's presence in the room, especially tonight. There is something incredible about helping kids know and understand that they can come to Jesus at anytime, and he will meet them there.

Now before someone warns me that he doesn't speak everytime, we talked about that too, and said that sometimes when he is quiet, it makes us want him more, and maybe that is why he doesn't say anything. So we need to keep seeking and asking! Yeah God, they got that.

Have I said lately that I love what I am doing? These kids, all kids, can hear. We just need to be an Eli, and help them recognize that it is God who is speaking, through his Holy Spirit, prophetically, and to our hearts. And of course, we need to test and take somethings the kids hear as kids trying to fit in or being silly, but I tell you, you KNOW when a child has received the word of the Lord.

In the spirit of the last four days, let me just say HALAL!! Which means to celebrate WILDLY. (that was a fun class too!)
Joyska at 9:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home