Joyska's Journal: week 4... already











Tuesday, March 01, 2005

week 4... already

Still sick... It seems many have caught a strong strain of cold and flu and having a hard time shaking it. It is going around fast and furious. I am on the up side of it I hope. My ears are plugged, so I feel like I am in a tunnel, but other than that I feel much better. It's hard to believe I've only been here for 4 weeks... and it is already home.

Tomorrow starts the classes again... straight through Sunday, so I am glad I am recovering. The teaching has been so great again, and I am learning so much. The life of David is Friday nights, and the depth of information is inspiring. I actually teach kids Friday night, but catch up with the tape. Saturday night is mostly about Revelation and lots of fun stuff like that, which I really enjoy and am having fun diffusing it all into understandable chunks. My favourite thing still though is the time in the prayer room. Tuesday is the all staff Fast day, and that is where all 400- 500 people are in the prayer room from 10:00 to 12:00 and 4:00 to 6:00. It is great. I usually spend a bunch of time there on Tuesday night as well. It's just a great way to get grounded before the busy week kicks in. I'm still getting time in for my daily reading as well, so I am learning and growing all the time! God is sooo good!

I've made some really great friends with three little girls who are here with their mom for a month. Claire is three, Elizabeth is 4 and a half, and Gabriella is 6. They are so sweet and their mom is just wonderful. I had lunch with them all yesterday and just loved being loved by little ones again! It was exactly what I needed! They are in my Sunday morning and evening class as well as my Friday night, so I have lots of opportunity to get to know them and just love on em. 9Not to mention get a thousand hugs when they see me in the hallway and around the base!

Anyway, I'm getting into the grove here and I am still thrilled to be here, so that must be a good thing! Bless y'all!!!
Joyska at 2:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home