Joyska's Journal: born to do it!











Saturday, February 26, 2005

born to do it!

Have you ever been somewhere where you knew you were born to do this!? I thought I had. When I was up on the reserves and talking to kids and teenagers about life and positive choices and following their hearts, I thought, "okay, I was born to do this" I loved it. I loved watching the kids eyes get wide when we would talk about stuff that had relevence and meaning to who they were and spoke to the potential in them. But even then, it wasn't quite it. It was devoid of the God piece. I couldn't really give them my Testimony in full, because we weren't supposed to talk about God. So it was good, but it wasn't "it".

There were other times and things that I have done, that I felt were good and right. But never quite "it" either. But somehow, here in Kansas City, I feel like I am finding "it". Somehow this place connects with the long hidden and dormant desires of my life. Somehow what I am learning and growing in here, actually fits. I know I have only be here three weeks and it may all look different in three months, but I don't think so. My heart, spirit and mind are engaged here in a way that I have never been before. My purpose: to be at his feet and to be his hands, comes together as I sit in the prayer room asking for strategies and direction for both the Prayer Ground (early childhood)and for the upcoming outreach stuff in the spring and summer.

Even when I am sick (thick head cold :(, sore throat,etc.) there is an excitement and new strength. The Word is more alive than it's ever been, the worship is sweeter and more intimate than it's ever been, and I feel like, "yes, I was born for this." And the funny thing is... I haven't even really DONE anything yet. This (probably for the first time) isn't based on what I do, it's based on who I am... in Christ alone! Bare with me for awhile as I am in awe of what God is doing... I want to share the essence of it, and somehow only scratch the surface... Keep praying, our God is so good!
Joyska at 11:12 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home