Joyska's Journal: Sicko











Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sicko

do you know those kinds of colds that come on so fast that you couldn't have out run them if you tried? It was inevitable. Pam has been sick for a week now, and 7 out of 12 Children's Equipping Center workers were out sick yesterday. Lenny was super sick when we got here, as were Joy and others. So now it's my turn. Granted, I will go and get prayer for healing every chance I get to pull myself off my comfy bed! I was fine most of the day, was feeling a little slower than my normal self, but thought it was just tired. Next thing ya know I'm sniffling like crazy and going through a box of Kleenex per hour... (okay a slight exageration) I feel like Meg Ryan in "You've got mail" where she is sitting on the couch saying: "my head feels fuzzy" Good description!

I did go to class this morning and listened again to Allan Hood as he spoke on the scriptural reasons to know the days we are living in. It was really powerful and helpful, as that has been one of my questions... why do we need to be aware? It comes down to this: Jesus tells us to. There of course are many scriptures to back that up, and many varying opinions on that as well. And yet, it makes sense to me.

There is so much information to take in. I'm enjoying so much of it. Tomorrow,(if i go) is my Apostolic Leadership class that Lenny LaGuardia is teaching. I really loved his class last week and am looking forward to the continuation of it tomorrow. His main premise thus far is simply that leadership is a calling that when taken seriously can help many find there place in the kingdom. He's a great speaker and is fun to listen to. Allan is too, he is just so intense... like well...pretty much all the teachers and preachers around here.

I find myself thinking a lot about the job at hand for me with the real little ones. And God is giving ideas and philosophy in a new way... Did you know for example that the Levites, when the census was taken after they had left Egypt, counted all the males ONE MONTH old and older? The rest of the census of Israel was of men 20 years old and able to fight... I find that very interesting, and has a lot to say about how we see our infants within the church... I could say more, but this isn't the time or place...besides my head is filling up more on one side than the other, so I should just go lay down and sleep.

Thanks by the way for all the comments... see it wasn't that hard!
Joyska at 11:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home