Joyska's Journal: it found me!











Wednesday, February 09, 2005

it found me!

It found me, and it only took 4 days!

I AM HERE IN KANSAS CITY!!! and it has been a crazy ride already. We arrived on Friday night after a grueling day of driving, praying, crossing the border, praying and getting a visa! My poor friends went ahead of me and the truck with all my stuff. They were all interigated harshly and mocked as they were trying to explain what the house of prayer even is. But when it came to my turn, they didn't ask me a single question out of the ordinary, and gave me a 3 year multi entry visa in less than 20 minutes!!

So 14 hours later, we arrived in KC and unloaded only enough to crash on the floor in my new apartment! (Which is huge and beautiful by the way!!!)

So the weather is gorgeous when we first arrive and all of us (Cheryl, Bev, Lanney, Jacob, Pam, and myself) are in great spirits, excited to be here and anxious to see what God will do. Saturday we spent emptying the truck and semi setting up the apartment. I have an Orange chair and a green table... and no other living room furniture, so we went to the local thrift store. We were there for all of 2 minutes and found my new living room set for just over a $100.00! It's two massive and comfortable chairs (one is a rocker) and a huge couch that fills in the gigantic living room quite nicely!

Cheryl, Lanney, Jacob and Bev were all greatly touched by God while they were here. I was excited about that. Jacob left Sunday AM and the Cheryl, Lanney, and Bev left early Monday. So Pam and I are here, excited about what is to come! Now that I have email and computer access again, I will update you on the specifics of the things going on state side!

Oh yeah, you may be wondering what found me after only four days. SNOW. Yep, it's a rare thing down here, but it found me... lots of it. They even closed the bookstore due to "inclement" weather. Too funny!

I miss all you Winnipeggers! Stay warm!
Joyska at 9:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home