Joyska's Journal: Mission Base Central











Monday, February 14, 2005

Mission Base Central

Monday morning... the sun is shining and I am sitting in my new office. I share an office with 2 full time Conference administrators, the teen director and one (sometimes 2) Children's Equipping Center Administrators. It's a good vibe. So if you are imagining a coke office repeat, you'll have to adjust your thinking. All that Coke stuff is now in my kitchen... which my Pepsi drinking room mate is none too thrilled. We do get along well however and she takes great delight in putting Pepsi in our fridge (Can you feel the shudder going through your body??!?!)

This week begins the intense busy time for me. I'm meeting with the current director of Prayer Ground (the 1-5 year olds) tomorrow morning and trying to wrap my head around what that is all going to entail for me. This week is also filled with meeting the current staff and beginning to build some relationships with people outside of this cozy office.

Children's ministry is an exciting place here. The kids are just running after God with all their hearts and I am beginning to understand the heart beat of this place.

I'm sure daily there will be other things that need to be learned and details to figure out, but there is a definite "Mission Base" feel to IHOP and I am really enjoying that.

Last night I went and just hung out at the Higher Grounds coffee shop and read for awhile in a Starbucks type atmosphere. It's right next door to the prayer room, and the other side of that is the Bookstore (Forerunner Bookstore -- where Yvonne's CD is for sale--) and then my office. Beside me is the multipurpose room, where a lot of the kids stuff happens and then there is the business office followed by Happy Heart Day Care and Nursery School, followed by the Thrift Store followed by Glad Heart reality. Invision a strip mall and you are seeing IHOP Missions base. They also have Forerunner School of Ministry, and the former Metro Christian Fellowship building. I am living in the Herrnhut apartments that IHOP also owns. It's quite a production here. AND everyone raises their own support!!!! Amazing.

Well, I'm off to figure out my schedule for the week.
Joyska at 9:50 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home