Joyska's Journal: Go ahead, mess it up!











Saturday, February 12, 2005

Go ahead, mess it up!

Well, it is Saturday and I can take a deep breath. I spent lots of time in the prayer room today and I just feel God downloading stuff almost everytime I go there. I feel the same in my apartment, in the car, just wherever I turn my heart toward him, I hear him speaking and challenging my thinking, my training, and most importantly my heart.

Thursday night shook me up a little in a good way. One of the staff here, Stuart Greaves spoke on a subject we don't talk about much... hell. It was sobering to say the least, but it was about the jealousy that God has for our hearts, and the hatred he has of sin. I'm still processing it all, but it was great.

I started the Intro to IHOP stuff now as well, so time is filled quickly, between prayer time, classes, department head meetings, and simply doing the work that I was brought here to do. there are moments when I feel overwhelmed, and there are moments when I feel like I could do all this and more. But there is always a sense that this is right on... and exactly where I need to be for this season of my life.

Pam and I have had a brutal time getting our phone set up. They are very cautious around here in the States. I had to prove a whole bunch of stuff before they would hook up our phone service. Then once I proved it all they said Monday was the earliest we could receive service. We have a message board in our kitchen and Pam put a simple prayer (more as a joke) God, please make our phone ring. To which I replied "Patience, my child, patience." Well wouldn't you know it, Friday we had service. We don't know how or why, it's just there. Yeah God!

So, everywhere I turn, I am seeing God's hand and it is good. Lenny keeps saying that I have the freedom to fail and really mess up so just go after it all! I like that philosophy. If you're not afraid to fail, you take a whole lot more risks. It's not about what happens on a Sunday morning... it's about what happens in the heart of the children! So... as I look to taking over the Prayer Ground, I'm thinking big, and creatively, and praying my heart out that everything wouldn't necessarily be perfect, but that it would have impact on the hearts, minds and destiny of the kids.

Sounds good to me!
Joyska at 12:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home