Joyska's Journal: Ready, Set, Go!!!!











Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ready, Set, Go!!!!

I met with Lenny today. If there was any question of being bored, or have nothing to do that is blown out of the water! You are talking to the new Director of Prayer Ground (age 1-5) for the first few months for sure to take it and develop it as it needs to be. Lenny has pulled me into senior level leadership and is throwing me in quickly! I will also be taking about 10 - 12 hours of classes a week for the first 3 months with the Intro to IHOP. (on top of the required 12 hours in the prayer room a week) But all I can say is Wahoo! This is going to be quite the ride!

Already I feel the grace of God as I have spent an average of 6 hours in the prayer room a day. I am experiencing a closeness that I have longed for and am so excited about the confidence that is growing in my spirit. Those all sound a bit like the "buzz words" in Kansas City, but they truly are truths to be experienced. I am getting incredible insights into Scripture as I continue to read as much as I can and I am so excited about the encouragements I am finding as I dig deeper.

Then there is the crazy anxiety this country (the USA) seems to be under. For my American friends it is not a slam, it's an observation. In order to get a phone here, I had to fax my passport, birth certificate, and Manitoba liscense in order to even be considered. To open a banking account you need a US issued ID. To get a US issued ID, you need a birth certificate, passport, license and entry visa. So I go down to the DMV to prove I am not a terrorist, and an hour later, I have no ID card, but a letter that needs to be sent to Jefferson City marked "Attention:FRAUD dept" and now I wait 4-6 weeks to prove that I am who I say I am. It's all good though. It's like I told the lady at the DMV -- "i'm a Canadian, we are a tolerant bunch"

Have I said that I am thrilled to be here? I just keep hearing "YOU HAVE NO IDEA" so we shall see what this means!
Joyska at 12:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home