Joyska's Journal: Two weeks in











Saturday, February 19, 2005

Two weeks in

Well, I have been in Kansas City for two whole weeks. Two. In the words of Inigo Montoya... "let me explain... no there is too much, let me sum up..."

I am blown away.

Everyday there is a new teaching that bends my world view a little. Every day there is a new insight from scripture that I see as I spend time in the prayer room. Everyday I know that I have made the right decision to come here and be a part of something that will make a difference in this generation. I walk a little taller. I walk with a lot more confidence. I feel like I have a very specific mandate that is taking shape a little more each day. I know my heart is engaging in a way it NEVER has. I know that I miss being in the prayer room if I have too many classes or things to do. I know that this is only the beginning.

There are 14 people here from Winnipeg right now. They are catching a bit of the heart beat of the International House of Prayer. They are hearing words like "Bridal Paradigm" "Milleneal Kingdom" "Harp and Bowl" "the substantial and the ultimate" and are being touched by the very power and presence of God. Does it all make sense? Some of it. Some of it's brand new, some of it is mind bending, and some of it is begging the question "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" But all of it is drawing them into the prayer room, into the Word, and into a deeper relationship with God. It has been such an honour to watch God come to and in and on my dear friends.

Since my last post, I have been to 3 three hour classes, a training seminar (also three hours) to two restaurants with the Winnipeggers, to a meeting with Stuart Greaves who runs the Fire in the Night internship (which is the interns who pray from 12:00 am - 6:00 am) and heard his heart. The team has met with two of the main worship leaders here at "the house" and all of us are pretty tired. And we aren't done. There is another class tonight during the Encounter God Service (which everyone goes to) followed by a question and answer time with Mike Bickle if you are taking the class. Then tomorrow morning it is the Forerunner Christian Fellowship service where I will begin officially in my role as Director of Prayer Ground. It's a lot in very few days, but God's grace is more!

Monday is our day of rest... and rest I will!

For those of you following the Winnipegger's journey... there will be many stories to hear in the days to come of what God is doing in this little army of worshippers! YEAAH GOD!!!!!!!

There is so much I could say in this blog about WHAT I am learning, but that will come too. I just wanted to update everyone. Oh one more thing. Please pray for the following:

God is stirring a message in my heart regarding the priestly annointing on children and I want to steward it well. Pray for Gods thoughts and God's words as I begin to write it out and wrestle with it.

Also, the computer that I have (the laptop) is not compatable with the wireless system here and is a little too outdated to work with the computer programs that are being utilized here. I am finding it difficult to stay in communication with everyone here as I only have access to the admin computer in the early morning and late afternoons. Please pray for either... #1. Increased monthly support in order to purchase a computer or #2. A generous gift of a new laptop. It truly is a necessity here as it is the main communication system. That and cell phones. It is very difficult to get a hold of me at this point and that is already beginning to frustrate some people. Please pray for God's provision in this area! Thank you!!!!
Joyska at 5:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home