Joyska's Journal: okay, i'll try...











Saturday, March 05, 2005

okay, i'll try...

It's been an awesome few days. Wait, it's only Saturday... wow. Friday, I had a class called Tools for the Prayer Room. We spent most of the morning talking about fasting and using the Apostolic prayers. *the prayers the apostles prayed...really it's that simple* We have some amazing teachers. Dale Anderson (fellow Canadian) spoke on Fasting and why we pursue it. He used the scripture that challenges Jesus as to why his disciples did not fast. Jesus' response was that they will fast when the Bridegroom is not with them, but it won't be out of religious observance it will be out of a longing for him. It's all about creating a longing for the one who created us and instead of constantly feeding the appetites we have with an immediate gratification, it's about feeding the longing for God. I love that. Of course be wise, don't do it in a way that will harm your body. But pay attention to how much you crave the things of the world, and go after the things that will fill your spirit. Then Eddie Boaso came in to teach on the Apostolic prayers. He went throught the Ephesians 3:16-19 including some of the history and context. It just really brought it to life and showed why it was such an important prayer, then and now. For example, Ephesus was the city of the goddess Diana, yet, Paul never addresses the stronghold and demonic influences that the people of Ephesus were obviously under. What he did do, was pray that the people and the church of Ephesus would be rooted and grounded in love and in the knowledge of God. If they were the influences in the city didn't stand a chance. It's an incredibly important prayer to pray over churches, pastors, leaders, and believers in all of our cities, wherever we are.

Friday night was the installment #3 on the Life of David. I was with the kids so I need to listen to that one yet, but I talked about light and darkness with the four to eight year olds. We used Philippians 2 --- about shining like stars, about not complaining and being pure and upright. Weighty topics for such little ears, but they got it. One of my new little buddies, came and gave my leg a hug, right in the middle of my teaching, and at 3 years old (she was with her older sisters) says, see I'm a light too! IT WAS GREAT!!! She got it. We had been talking about being a light to others and not hiding our love for Jesus or for each other, and that was her response. Beautiful.

Then today... what can I say? Today was the Intro to IHOP's "FREEDOM" day. We spent the day with Graham and Sabrina Walsh who run the healing rooms here. they were wonderful. They have spent many years researching and experiencing healing, both physical and emotional. It was great to hear them speak on Free Mason stuff, and generational diseases, as well as breaking off shame and other stuff like that. It was a great opportunity to just pray some of that stuff through and watch God bring healing all over the room. We ended the day with communion together. cool.

THEN, after the main session with Mike(which again I have to listen to the CD, cuz we were having communion and stuff at the FSM building), my friends John Booy and Russ, as well as Pam went to the JACKSTACK, again. We went last night too. It was really great. They have spent almost 30 hours in 3 days in the prayer room while Pam and I were off at our classes and other responsibilities. They LOVED it! I get so excited when my friends catch the heart of what is happening here. John was really excited and that for me was the highlight of my weekend thus far!

Tomorrow, of course is Sunday and I will once again be with the little ones. I'm looking forward to it. I certainly have made some new friends here. I saw little Kyle today in the coffee shop and he made sure that I met his Mom and that he told her all about being a shining star and the new song he learned. It was great to see how much he remembered and that he caught it. So tomorrow, we will see what God has in store.

Monday-Wednesday is the Global Bridegroom Fast. There will be a 10:00 and 4:00 all staff prayer meeting everyday as well as NO CLASSES!!!!!! So finally, I can go to the prayer room and pray!!! AS well as get caught up on CD's, readings and homework. It's a little different than my life in Winnipeg, but it's a good life!

See, I told you there was a lot to say!!!!!
Joyska at 10:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home