Joyska's Journal: please pray











Wednesday, March 16, 2005

please pray

We just got word from a family from Equador that their pastor in the last 24 hours has lost 2 of his children to the bubonic plague and his third is sick. The village is in danger of it spreading throughout the community. They can not get proper medical care because of the contageous nature of the disease. Pray for healing and intervention.

There is so much going on around the world...

You guide me through the dark
you calm my fearful heart
I will rest in you

You give me perfect peace
You fill my deepest need
I will rest in you

God, shining like the sun
Let your kingdom come
I want to be with you
In your presence
And I'm here to give you praise
you take my Breath away
And I will be with you
In your presence


Your kindness draws me in
Now I'm with you once again
And I will rest in you
My God who reigns on high
To you alone I cry
and I will rest in you

I guess that says it all...

It's amazing how we can get caught up in the "horror" of the day, the things that truly are terrible and will bring much stress and pain, but when we realign our focus on the one who cares more deeply than we ever could, and that we WILL be WITH HIM, the whole atmosphere changes.

You just caught a glimpse of the prayer room as it happens. There is a reason that I love being here!
Joyska at 7:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home