Joyska's Journal











Wednesday, March 30, 2005

oops, hit the wrong button...
Anyway, does this sound like me? Usually gregarious, and sociable with a large circle of friends, interested in almost everything and brings a zest to life that draws others to them. At the same time, values depth and authenticity in close relationships and prefer open honest communication. According to Meyers-Briggs... this is me. I am an ENFP, an extrovert (no surprise there) intuitive, a feeler, and a perceiver (as opposed to introverted, sensitive, a thinker and a judger). I don't know if I agree with everything the test says, but there are some possible fits.

Who are these people though who only say what is thought through? Or those who look at the world from a perspective of organization and order? Or those that THINK about everything!!!! I'm sure that they are wonderful people, I just don't know how they operate!! (or at least the test tells me I can't). It's all good though. There are enough variations with in the Children's Equipping Center, that we have it all covered! (Phew)

Now on to Deborah Heiberts class...
Again today on fasting. Now there is no way I can share all that she said today as I took 7 (yes seven) pages of typed notes in three hours and she handed out 32 (seriously) pages of her own notes. I will share what really struck me though.

"The Bridegroom Fast (which is a three day fast that is coming up again next week) is a paradigm of fasting that enlarges the heart through the encounter of the beauty of a Bridegroom God. God has designed that when we give ourselves voluntarily to this kind of weakness (in fasting), in order to make way for the experience of intimacy with our Lord; our hearts actually expand to receive more of him. No other demension in the grace of God expands our spiritual capacity like fasting before a Bridegroom God. Our hearts expands and our spiritual capacity to receive increases. It is a catalyst to speed up the depth and measure to which we receive from the Lord. We receive greater measures of revelation at an acceleraterd pace, and a deeper impact on our hearts."

The idea that fasting can help us get closer quicker to the heart of the one who longs for us is incredible. First of all that he longs for us, and secondly that there is a benefit to us, as we run after him with everything that we have and are. So much of what is taught here speaks of this intimacy with Jesus. I'm beginning to touch it, but it takes time to even learn how to "detox" from the appetites I run after.

Anyway, lots to "chew" on... parden the really bad pun!
Joyska at 5:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home