Joyska's Journal: Hope City and the importance of Vision











Friday, January 13, 2006

Hope City and the importance of Vision

i hung out with some of the women from Hope City yesterday. We went out to the country to pray at one of the women's homes. As we driving out there (literally a 1/2 hour out of the city) the houses got increasingly bigger... increasingly more land, and increasingly fancier... in the country farm land... amazing.

I honestly and often call myself a Poverty SNOB...meaning that I look at these huge houses and expensive homes and think... do you KNOW how many children we could feed and house with the money used to build that house!!!!????!!!! Anyway, I made some comment about that, and Lisa warned me that the house we were going to was even more than what we had seen... but she said when you see the house remember there is a vision behind it.

OH MY GOODNESS! This house is HUGE!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! GORGEOUS!!!! and every other possible positive adjective. And then they told me the long term vision for Hope City. This house was built with the vision of housing women from the city that need a new start. Abused women, prostitutes, single moms, drug addicts needing a place far from the city... it is perfect! The house has 6 bedrooms upstairs, as well as a computer room, and get this A GORGEOUS PRAYROOM that looks over the 90 acre farm. The whole place is decorated in country/early americana and has 4 fireplaces, a library and 3 rooms designed for counseling or small groups. The kitchen is MASSIVE, the living room is two stories high with the fireplace taking up 2/3rds of the wall, and the have an old sled for a coffee table!!! (I laughed at that) The basement is half finished but houses currently an office and a small computer business that this family runs. The plan is more bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathrooom to be added to the house.

SO WHY didn't I know this before? Lisa wanted me to see it... not hear it. UNBELIEVABLE. The best part of it? It is only one aspect of the vision for Hope City!!!! Have I said that I am loving this or what? Time will tell when and what it will all look like, but this is phenomenal.

Do I sound excited?
Joyska at 7:28 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home