Joyska's Journal: O Canada











Tuesday, January 10, 2006

O Canada

Today I went back to the city. I love the Hope City crowd... both the ones I go down to the city with and the ones that we connect with in the city.

First a prayer request. Goldie, who I have written about in other blog entries, was there today with her grandson Keiffer, who they lovingly call Key. Key is very sick. He is around 7 months with a terrible bronchial infection, and needs daily treatments to help him breath. Please pray for him, and for Goldie as she is really struggling with the number of people in her life that she loves who are very sick and or on the street, dealing with drugs etc. Her questions of why God would allow it spurred a great conversation on the fact that God is GOD... that he is in control and it is our response, our choice to trust inspite of circumstances that draw us closer to his heart and (in Goldie's words) "makes the tough tougher". She is a strong 50 year old woman who has weathered many heart aches and continues to find peace in her God. As she says, "I know God is GOD, I just don't always see the whole picture and think I could do it better." Don't we all!

Then we go out to lunch. We are sitting around a table in the midst of a great restaurant called Winstead's (that have AMAZING steak burgers!!!) discussing current events and the "end of the world as we know it". As I sat and listened to 6 fiesty women share their opinions about Bush, about the war, and about the world in general, I thought I would throw in my two cents as a Canadian... after all Canadians are their friends to the North... right?

Well, when I said "as a Canadian", one of the women (from Kentucky... so add the southern accent for full affect) said... we Love oak leaves...

I stopped and laughed, said... "you mean MAPLE leaves?" to which she relplied... oak, maple, what's the difference?

AH Americans... you gotta love em! (at least when you live amongst them!)
Joyska at 4:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home