Joyska's Journal: Live from the prayer room











Sunday, January 07, 2007

Live from the prayer room

2007 has certainly had a busy first week!

I have "re-uped" my time in the prayer room as I have realized how easy it has been to take it for granted. It's been an amazing week.

The prayer room has been revamped over new years as the stage has been moved up 12 feet and the lighting has become much softer. As a result, my third or fourth row seat has become spitting distance to the worship team (not that I would ever spit at them!)

It took a little getting used to, but I am really enjoying it. The pacers are now regailed to the side rows and the back, the dancers as well, and as a result there is little to take my attention away from what is at hand... worship, praying or reading. It even at some points feels like there is only 20 people in the room as opposed to the 150 or so that inhabit the night.

Clay Edwards team is about to switch to Alisha Powell's/Shawna Forrey's intercession set and it has been a "glorious" two hours of devotional worship. In the midst of it all, I feel like I have refound center.

I feel a little more grounded in this room. I feel like things make a little more sense in these four walls than in any other. Could it be the 24/7 prayer and worship now for over 7 years, or is it the fact that there are 150 others here doing the same thing in the middle of the night? During the day there are over 500 that fill this room at different times.

But then again, this room has also been at times the place I feel the least grounded, the most unsure, the most afraid. But I think that is the point. In confusion or in surity, this place reveals the heart. Don't get me wrong, I can meet Jesus just as easily on the street and I do, but this room tonight anyway, is centering my heart back on what is important. HIM.

Even with all the changes and the excitement about God TV broadcasting live from the prayer room, it remains a place where HE comes first in all things. I'm all for that.

We start back with Hope City tomorrow, and I must say I have missed it, but I have also been thankful for 2 weeks of focusing back in this place. BOTH are needed, and I am continually aware of both. Please pray for us as we enter back into the thick of the city. Our feeding in the park is being moved to prayer and eating at the church and we are excited to see wher this will take us. More on that later.

so... live from the prayer room, this is me... signing off!
Joyska at 9:41 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Awesome that your enjoying the PR and liking the face lift! I'm so curious to see it in "real life", the link doesn't give a big enough angle to really get a good picture. It sounds like its new and improved though..can't wait to spend more hours in there one day.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Beautiful! Makes we want to come back! Is there a free link to the prayer room broadcast?

Sim and Esther were very excited to meet their new friend this morning - Larry Boy - live and in person...well, almost! ;) Sim asked me to 'turn him on'(hehe) but then he said he would like to sleep with him. I will send pics soon.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home