Joyska's Journal: humbled











Tuesday, August 05, 2008

humbled

Yesterday was my 37th birthday.
I was at work for most of it and really was glad I was there. One of the "poets" in our midst wrote a poem for me and many of the patrons signed a couple of cards for me. It was very sweet. One of the guys went to his place and returned with a gift wrapped in newspaper and black hockey tape. (electrical tape for you americans unfamiliar with hockey hehehe). As I opened the gift, it was a 3d style picture of a deer in the woods. It wasn't necessarily something I would have picked out myself, but it was something that was on his wall, and he wanted to give me something. I was humbled. He gave of the little he had, and it means the world to me. I still haven't figured out where I will hang it, but I will because I am honoured!

Then I went to see Mama Mia with my friend! And as a side note... LOVED IT! I needed a good light fun movie and that is what it was! Thanks Cheryl!
Joyska at 9:26 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! do you remember 7 years ago...celebrating it at a hot hot wedding.
love, joc

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Joyska! That's a cool gift. I have a 3-D wolf picture. Sherwood

6:38 AM  
Blogger Roo said...

:) happy birthday love rufeo

12:37 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Happy birthday! (I know I'm late. I've been on the road. I thought of you on your birthday though, if that counts.)

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home