Joyska's Journal: back to KC











Tuesday, July 01, 2008

back to KC




I am back. I am once again in the land of 24/7 worship and prayer, and it is good.


I went to Hope City again last night too and remembered the goodness of the Lord. We were praying from Philippians 1 :9-11 and asking that God's love abound more and more for the folks in the city. It was so good to be amongst a people who come from such a struggle as drugs, alcohol, and/or poverty who cry out for those like them.


At one point, one of the pastors who attends spoke about how we often think and even pray that people would "hit rock bottom" in order for them to recognize the need for and want their world to change. He reminded us that it is GOD'S GOODNESS that moves us to repentance. It made me realize I still have a lot to learn about how to pray for the broken in our society.


I miss this.
Joyska at 7:51 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Hope you are having a lovely visit!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home