Joyska's Journal: missing the late nights











Friday, May 23, 2008

missing the late nights

Early mornings have never been my favourite thing. Mostly because I tend to be a night owl. I love staying up late and watching movies, or just reading, and hanging out. My current job, and my seemingly constant sicknesses over the last few months, has changed that. I found myself going to bed at 9:30 yesterday, and being wide awake at 4:00 am. There were days not too long ago, that I didn't go to sleep til 4:00 am and slept until 9:30 or later. It's funny how those things turn around.

I miss my late nights though. I used to say that my most creative times were between 2 and 4 in the morning. And they were! I wrote some fun stuff during those hours, drew my best pictures, and came up with the best curriculum ideas while everyone else was sleeping (or praying when I was at IHOP... haha). Now it's my evenings that I am trying to do those things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn't, but it's all about adjusting to new things, new thought processes, and new hours.

So if you ever think... "it's 2:00, I could call Joyska... she's probably up" (which many have done throughout my life and found me awake) I will sadly disappoint. I will be sleeping at 2:00, and if you call, will be waking me out of my dreams, not my creativity.

I guess we all grow up sometime.
Joyska at 4:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home