Joyska's Journal: walking in Bible times











Thursday, April 10, 2008

walking in Bible times

The last few days I have been thinking alot about the life of Jesus. I read through the gospels again this week and was struck again by the healings that Jesus did all through out His life. It causes my heart to cry out for healing power here on earth again... true healing. As I look at what He did, it was healing of the blind, of the deaf, of demonic posession, of the lame, of the leper or untouchables... basically he healed those who were out casts of the present day society. He raised people from the dead. He feed thousands of people with so little... He touched those that no one else would touch.

As I was musing and praying about this, I got up and headed out for work. Right outside my door, heading up the street, where three of the patrons that I know from Siloam. There was a man pushing his wife in a wheelchair with a blind man on his arm. Beside those three was a man I didn't know who was walking with crutches, all of them struggling with solvent abuse. All of them smelling of solvents and in most of the city are considered "unclean".

As I got to work, I looked around during the day and saw all that Jesus would have seen in Biblical times. And I realized I was walking in Biblical times. Today is a day where it is still possible to see healing. In a day when so many voices are saying Jesus is NOT the only way, I have to say He is the only one who will bring healing for these ones.

And so I continue to pray for Jesus to again walk with power through us in the inner city core of Winnipeg.
Joyska at 2:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home