Joyska's Journal











Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, I've decided to blog again. Not so much for anyone else, but more for me.
I am always a little more introspective, and well, pensive this time of year. Part of that comes from where I work and seeing how the weather changing affects the homeless and those at risk.
But it's more about expectations.

Christmas time means warm feelings and eggnog,
presents and times with family
Christmas songs playing in the mall and Santa making the rounds (Cuz if there is only one Santa Clause, he sure is busy!)
Kids bright eyed and making their list
etc and etc.

Don't get me wrong, if you know me at all you know I LOVE the Christmas season and am biting at the bit to get my tree up and decorate with all the pretty lights. I love to drink the eggnog, buy Christmas presents, and wandering the mall? My favourite passtime at Christmas.

But it's the EXPECTATION that it is all going to be wonderful. It's the EXPECTATION that everyone should be with family and be happy about it. The problem is, the expectation is rarely what it turns out to be.

Some of us are not able to go home for Christmas, and for many people home isn't exactly the place "celebrations" happen. Not all the things on the list are going to be under the tree, and gratefulness isn't always the response to presents anyway.

See, but that is where God is different. He created us with expectation in us for HIM. For his coming, and ultimately for his return. So this year, I want to focus on EXPECTING Jesus. Advent is such an amazing time of year. It's not about what Christmas has become. It's about what God intended to bring us back to --a place where we can meet him face to face -- talk about expectation :)

So this year, instead of telling you all the Christmas movies I'm watching, I'm going to go through Advent with you, if you want to come along. Who knows what to expect!

So, I'm back to blogging, and I'm filled with expectation!
Joyska at 4:25 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Camillia said...

I'm "expecting" good things from your blog in the days to come :-) Welcome back!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

yay!! youre blogging again!!!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The expectations of the season create sooo much pain and turmoil for so many...and yet there seems to be no getting around this. I do not think that there will ever be a shift in those expectations...but we can look through it all and see what it lying underneath...
We can find..."the real thing"...
(that is Coke talk...ha...ha..)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Roo said...

i have missed your words.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home