Joyska's Journal: my birthday











Wednesday, August 04, 2004

my birthday

33 years ago today, in a small Northern community called Cold Lake, Alberta, a little 6lb 5oz baby was born into the world... little Joyska Johanna... and the world will never be the same! Yes, today is my birthday. Yes today I am 33. How did I get to be 33?!? I don't feel 33, I don't think I look 33, but if I do the math, (let's see 2004 minus 1971 = 33...yep, there is no denying it)well you get the picture.

It's always a wierd feeling to wake up on your birthday. Today is all about me (i wish!) is the first thought, and then I remember that today I have an all day staff meeting, and that today I still have bills to pay and work to do... wouldn't it be awesome if when our birthday came around we would have an automatic holiday from anything and everything mundane, and all that would happen is excitement and fun? I think that would make birthdays worthwhile.

But here I am, at the office at 8:00 am so I could write this blog entry and share my birthday thoughts with all of you. All kidding aside, this year feels exciting. There are lots of new things on the horizon, and I feel healthy, I have a new and renewed hunger for Jesus, and for the next three days only... I can drink Diet Coke again! Ah... life is good.

Here is the princess bride quote of the day:

"I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake, but in the meantime..." What's the rest of it?
Joyska at 8:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home