Joyska's Journal: "in the middle of the night"











Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"in the middle of the night"

I had no idea how much staying up through the night praying would awaken my heart.

It is 5:30 ish and have been here since 12:30. It's not about how long one is here, it is about what happens here. We begin a 40 day fast today... and in the spirit of the IHOP "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I will just say that I know I am Diabetic and can't skip eating... I know, and I am taking all needed precautions! I'm excited about what God will do in this time of greater focus on Him.

This fast has many corporate and national reasons and facets to it, as well as personal applications. There is something amazing about a corporate fast that can never be touched in individual pursuit. This is outside of the thinking of today's lifestyle... to choose lack for the purpose of gaining deeper relationship with HIM, but when a body of people go after it together, it is amazing.

"Pour out your Spirit, restore a generation" is the heart cry right now here in the prayer room at 5:30 in the morning. That is truly amazing to me. I feel like I am on the "edge" of something, that the Lord is up to something in my life. I am soooo ready for whatever that is!

Thank you for praying for my dad. I will update as I know more.
Joyska at 3:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home