Joyska's Journal: Community











Saturday, February 18, 2006

Community

The age old question... what is community?

I think I saw it in action today. I went to a friends birthday party. I sat around a table with a group of women and the men where in the living room just around the corner. The laughter in those two rooms... wow. As I sat and listened to story after story, I realized that I was being grafted into a group of people who have 25 years of history and friendship together. It was amazing. These people talked about the things that have embarassed them through the years, things they fought over, things they banded together to overcome. We were there to celebrate one person's life and ended up celebrating history and relationship. It was cool, and a privilege to be a part of.

One thing I walked away from this party with was this... these folks would go to hell and back for each other and they all know it. That is a huge part of community I think... people are there when it counts, and they are there because they want to be... not because they have to be. Very cool.
Joyska at 7:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home