Joyska's Journal: protection vs destruction











Friday, January 27, 2006

protection vs destruction

I had the most interesting conversation with an American today. I don't usually allow myself to get into black and white good vs bad conversations, but this was one that gave me an interesting perspective.

We were talking about "conspiracy theories", chemtrails, and corruption (the three c's... whole other post to explain). Anyway, this American began explaining why American's are so adamant about being allowed to carry guns. She explained that in many American's minds, things like the militia (i.e. the Michigan militia) exist to help protect citizens if the government is unable to, or to protect the citizens if the government becomes corrupt... therefore taking away the right to have guns is making them vulnerable to government corruption and taking away their ability to protect themselves.

Interesting. My view on guns has always been that they are destructive. Every situation I can think of makes guns destructive, not protective. Is that my Canadian upbringing? Do I live under the belief that in general, I am safe?
Joyska at 6:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home