Joyska's Journal











Sunday, June 18, 2006

it's been a tough weekend, but good.

I keep thinking about Goldie, about what she meant to us, what she meant to her family... and what was said so often to us. I love it. She used to say... Jesus is coming... he's coming you guys! She had visions of a big white building that was filled with people from the street worshiping God, and praying. She knew the heart of what we wanted to do.

She called everybody "miss" or "mr". She called me "miss joyce" cause she just couldn't "get her mouth" around miss joyska! She lived her life asking for help, and I know that she gave in whatever way she could.

Part of why I love the city is that people live honestly. Not always "legally" :) but always honestly. They aren't afraid to let you know they need help, that they could use a "hand up", but when things are tough, they often come together in a community unlike any I've seen

I remember when I was living in Winnipeg, and when something happening on the street, EVERYONE knew in seemingly minutes. The community pipeline. Communication with out the benefit of cell phones and email. It's the same here. They live together... they know each other... and they mourn together.

The funeral will most likely be this tuesday. It's still up in the air, but so far it looks like Tuesday.

Anyway. God continues to remind me to LIVE, to be TRUE, and to follow Him with EVERYTHING I am!
Joyska at 5:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home