Joyska's Journal: I'm in Canada, and I've been shot!











Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm in Canada, and I've been shot!


Yep... genuinely SHOT. I was minding my own business, standing on the corner talking to my friend when BOOM a loud pop and a sudden pain in my ear.


Fear not, it was a shot from an Airsoft pistol, which basically is a bb gun that shoots plastic bbs. They aren't meant to penetrate skin, they are meant to hurt... a lot... especially when hit in the ear!


I can hear all of my American friends laughing from here, but let me tell you that this die hard anti gun Canadian is even MORE against guns of ANY type in ANYONE'S hands... especially if I'm the target!

I walked back and saw the young man "polishing" the weapon of choice with no remorse or even fear as he sat in front of his window. Man... I am a little shocked to say the least!

Other than a sore ear, my time here in the North has been AWESOME!
I stayed with an old room mate last week and am now at my friends from Sanctuary House of Prayer. I LOVE being here!

I will post more tomorrow... I promise... for those of you who are asking where I've been... I'm here... just not so into blogging as of late... all that is soon to change!
Joyska at 7:31 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

can't wait to see you on saturday! you know what? i think you should just stay here for the whole summer, catch some bomber games, what do you say?? :)
Kristin

8:09 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

you'd like that wouldn't you Kristin? I would too!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I am sitting right across from you, but I am to lazy to ask you this. How is the ear?

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! An update! Sorry about the ear...I have been sucked into playing "Capture the flag" type games here, where we use airsoft guns. But we have strict rules (only at night on closed weekends - no one else is around, and all the targets are willing participants - can't shoot someone who isn't playing) Never thought I would do something like this, as I have been anti gun, but this has been fun :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Canada - and aren't shot again!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

All I can say is I'm glad that guy is no longer my neighbor! ;)
ps - Need a place to crash this weekend? Tyler's at the lake.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Joyska said...

sorry dee... you are still too close to the scene of the crime! :)
And Lanney... be careful, being shot in the ear REALLY hurts!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home