Joyska's Journal: Good Friday, Easter, and agreeing with the Judgements











Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday, Easter, and agreeing with the Judgements

If you have been hanging around me at all lately you have probably heard me say "We have to agree with His judgements". It's been a constant in my heart and mind for weeks.

Yesterday in one of the prayer meetings at Hope City, I was struck by the fact that Easter weekend was upon us. (Happy Easter by the way!) I was also struck by the fact that Jesus came to reconcile us to God.



In 1st and 2nd Kings the Israelites again and again turned to the idols of the land. The very idols that the Lord judged those nations for, and used Israel to bring that judgement, yet they truly and without hesitation, embraced the idols, the rituals, and the immorality of the nations around them. Israel from the days of their father Abraham was chosen and designed to be set apart SO THAT the world know HE is God. The judgement that came on Israel throughout the Biblical narration, was because they CONSCIENCELY walked away and followed and WORSHIPED the idols that THEY made with their own hands!

After reading all that, processing that God himself judges righteously, and recognizing that Jesus is the only way to be redeemed from our own arrogance. I was humbled and silenced.
THEN, (and Yes I am pulling this all together) I was watching the TV news as Shauntey Henderson (a local woman recently arrested for murder and suspicion in 40 other shootings) was almost laughing at the cameras as she was led away in chains and I said "what arrogance!" and I was stopped in my tracks as I realized that I too have been that arrogant with my own sins. And I had to go and stay low in my own heart as I remembered that His judgements are righteous of all sin and that my ONLY hope is Jesus.

Easter is a good reminder that His grace and His love are far and above the judgements that are coming. I will stand and agree, because His ways ARE true and righteous, but I want to live in the shadow of His love and forgiveness.

This post may appear random or radical, depending on your views. I'm not out to start an arguement, I just wanted share what is on my heart and mind today...Good Friday.
Joyska at 12:44 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

It's a good one.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home