Joyska's Journal: the trip so far











Saturday, February 17, 2007

the trip so far

Ah the joys of visitors! Lots of talking, laughing, eating, and very little sleep! :) What is it about seeing people you haven't seen for awhile that causes you to choose such a crazy life? hehehe

Yvonne, Rhonda, Jon, Odia, and Larry are all here from the great white north... only to find it colder here than Winnipeg! We have been hit by another snow fall and blowing bitter winds. I laughed as all these hearty Canadians were wrapped in blankets and sleeping bags on Thursday night in my living room. You would think that I never turned the heat on or something. The problem (as if you really want to know.. but for those of you who are interested) is that I have SINGLE PANE windows and a sliding glass door in my living room! ANY heat that is sent through the vents goes straight out the windows and doors in a quick and quiet exchange with the cold air blowing through the single pane windows! Really... it's NOT me! It was a little warmer today (not much) as we spent most of the day in the prayer room, coffee shop, and cold apartment.

Yvonne came in tonight "I'll give you $10.00 if you'll turn up your heat for TEN MINUTES!" I guess I have gotten used to the "wet cold" down here in comparison to the dry cold of Winnipeg. I have pictures of how Larry kept warm, but I am in the prayer room and will have to post those later.

Yvonne did GREAT tonight! She sang at the Encounter God Service (here to known as EGS) at FSM (Forerunner School of Ministry) where Mike started a series on Song of Solomon. I was proud of my friend!

So after some doing, we went through the McDonald's drivethrough, and at about midnight, someone had the bright idea of going to Wal-Mart! No trip to Chez Joyska's is complete without a post midnight trip to faithful Wally's Mart.

the wimpy ones went to bed shortly after the snowy drive home, but myself and two others who shall not be named (one blonde, one a littles less blonde) stayed up talking about how to change the world and how the world changed us til a little after 5:00 am. For some reason, they were tired, and I came over to the prayer room... because... well, I wasn't ready to sleep. It's the way I work. If you are still awake after 4:00-- what is the point of sleeping? haha...

Now on Saturday am at 6:30, Ron's team is faithfully singing "wave after wave after wave after wave crashing over me... i want your holy spirit over me, just like a water fall, falling over me" Not a bad way to start the day!

Alright, well... Matt C. is praying for the city of Kansas City, time to join him! Have a day!
Joyska at 4:12 AM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to join you down there!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Wow the Canadian's find it cold down there! It must be cold!! Sounds like their visit has already been a lot of fun!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get some sleep....your mother . Lisa

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so here the comment thing comes up in spanish so I hope this works. I just wanted to say it must be nice to go to Wal Mart but you should really get some sleep

6:05 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Fun times with you are worth missing sleep over!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Good old double pane and triple pane windows would be good to keep the heat OUT in the summer too. You need to retrain those Kansas City people!!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're insane, how can you NOT sleep!! ;)
Love ya

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home