Joyska's Journal: The "right" side of history











Friday, February 02, 2007

The "right" side of history

What do you do at 1:00 AM, when you need to sleep, but for what ever reason you can't?

Well, when you live at IHOP, you can go to the prayer room, but I just came from there...
so, instead, I BLOG. Good thing, cause, it seems like it's been awhile!

I want to describe an amazing and profound thing that happened last Tuesday. I don't know how many of you caught the FOX news story about the TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in Lebanon that were filmed shouting "Death to America, Death to Israel!", but if you saw it, I'm sure it disturbed you... at least a little bit.

Well, here at IHOP, without knowledge of what was happening in Lebanon, at least not at that moment, the Tuesday prayer meeting from 10-12 am was focused on praying FOR the SALVATION and BLESSING of the middle east. Praying in the opposite spirit... Death vs. Life.

A friend of mine, when recognizing this said it best... "I'm glad to be on the right side of history on this one." I can't do anything but agree and join in with the prayers for the middle east, and trust that God is soveriegn and in control.

I need to add this, though a totally different subject!

Please pray (and continue to) for PAT BICKLE. He is once again in ICU, this time with Pneumonia that caused his lung to collapse. Beyond the physical, pray for hope in him, this is 33 years of in and out of the hospital. Please join us in prayer as we call out to God for his healing!

AND... since it's now only 1:11 AM and I still am not sleeping, check out HOPE CITY's blog at hopecitykc.blogspot.com... hopefully it will inspire you too! :) Leave us a comment to, tell us what you think!
Joyska at 11:00 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for praying for Pat

8:17 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

My thoughts to turned to Israel the other day as I was reading Psalm 14
4 Will evildoers never learn—
those who devour my people as men eat bread
and who do not call on the LORD ?

5 There they are, overwhelmed with dread,
for God is present in the company of the righteous.

6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
but the LORD is their refuge.

7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Something about "Oh that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion" line caught my attention and I read it over and over again.
Perhaps even someone who is deaf and blind like myself, can hear correctly from time to time.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

I miss you too. No laughing today, just puking. I hate being sick.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joyska - Miss you
Guess what? Ralph and I are going to Israel in Nov. - part of our 40 yr anniversary. Our kids think it is too dangerous but feel the Lord's leading. Unbelievable!!
Luv ya

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home