Joyska's Journal: UPDATE!











Tuesday, April 03, 2007

UPDATE!

I've been laying pretty low as of late (hence the LACK of blog entries) and yet have at the same time been really busy. There have certainly been a lot of visitors... the Guse gang was here, followed by Christina, Jacquie, Kristi and Steph, then a girl named Kanya, and a lady named Liz. (the last two are people who are here checking out IHOP). In the midst of all the visitors, I have a new room mate as well. She's great and it's been fun having another 35 ish person around.

I have also been back into a deep reading of the Word. I stopped reading 10 chapters a day quite a while back and have been focusing on one book per month. I am now back to reading a certain number of chapters a day, and I am learning so much. It's a schedule that is layed out in the ONE THING website and it consists of five chapters in 5 different books a day. It has been refreshing life to my heart and soul!

I just finished the account of building the tent of meeting in Exodus. The detail that the Lord put into this PORTABLE tabernacle is intense. Did you know that the gold weighed a ton in total, that the silver was 7000 lbs and that bronze was 5000 lbs. And that didn't include the fabric and coverings! I don't know about you, but that hardly sounds portable to me. But the amazing thing is that it was designed to be taken down and put up easily with a very specific order and plan. The holy of holies being the center point that the rest is built around.

The other amazing piece of that was that ALL the material to build it, came from the Israelites. Where did they get it? From the plunder of the Egyptians! God not only freed his people but he gave them the wealth of the land and they in turn gave it back to God to build the tent of meeting. I love that.

Anyway, that is just some of what fills my brain as of late. Hope City is going well. Our Monday night meetings are full on Harp and Bowl (worship and intercession together) and average about 40 people. It's so great to be in a community of people who love the poor and love to pray! We also are meeting Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and rarely is there a day when we haven't walked away KNOWING that the Lord met us there. It truly is a privilege to do what I do!
Joyska at 9:12 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Nice to hear from you! I've been looking for you online but haven't seen you for awhile now. Still missing you! Any more thoughts on vacationing with us in August? ;)

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow someone as held on to thier sanity...looks like its you this time...way to go joyska

5:31 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

I went to a joint church service here last night. God was SOOOO here that I felt like spazing out and I don't DO the spazing thing!!
SOMETHING HUGE is just around the corner!!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home