Joyska's Journal











Thursday, February 22, 2007

waaaahhhh... i broke my glasses and my head hurts!

But, besides that, let me tell you my experience today. HMM how do I put this...

Picture this:
Me, Joyska, in a car with a woman who has lived a very "colorful" (you can fill in the blanks there) life, and for the last two weeks has been successfully fighting an ugly addiction, and sitting behind me is Johnathon who has been free from his addictions for 2 weeks. They were talking about the struggle and the reward of the fight. They talked of how there are many other ways to find a "high" but the drugs was the easiest, but also the most destructive. They also said, and I love this, "Jesus is the MOST HIGH"... woo hoo!

I was humbled. We all go through struggles, we all fight, but the strength of these two overwhelmed me. The strength to stand against something that once had hold of you is a strength greater than I know.

I'm so proud of these ones, who through their love and faith in Jesus, are finding the strength and courage likened only to one like Joshua.
Joyska at 7:40 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

sorry to hear about your glasses! i pray for provision for new ones or a quick fix!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you fall and hit your head???

My brother could fix them for you probably if you were here. He's the best!!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that does suck about your glasses. I hope you are able to get them fixed soon and that your head stops hurting.

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just letting you know we made it home safe :) Thanks again for letting us crash at your place you are an awesome hostess.

Keep being faithful. God is using you to do an awesome work!! Yay Johnathan!!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home