Joyska's Journal: Genesis... again :)











Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Genesis... again :)

I started doing the 90 day reading plan again on the 23rd of November. I'm already supposed to be in Leviticus, but am only half way through Exodus... but I'll catch up.

I just wanted to say a few things about what God is teaching me already. Genesis really challenges me. There is of course a decision that I have to make every time I read it. Do I believe the creation story as it is written? Do I believe it is a literal 6 days? Do I believe He rested? Do I believe the snake spoke words to Eve? Every time I read it I realize that it is foolishness to many... but not to me.

If I believe the scriptures are God breathed and that God is incapable of lies, then I have to believe that the scriptures... all scriptures are literal, even the talking animals... the snake in Genesis, Balaam's donkey, and the talking eagle in Revelation. There are many things in scripture that seem odd, or beyond belief, even offensive to my thinking processes... but then again isn't Jesus' death offensive? Aren't the wars and death of the old testament offensive?
Yet they are true and I wouldn't be who I am if they weren't.

Jesus' birth, death and resurrection are the cornerstones of my faith... and so is His immanent return. He is coming back... and He is coming as a king and will bring true justice. Maybe sooner than some think.

I guess my point of all this is His word is not something I want to question. It's what I want to live by and let change my thinking... not the other way around.

Many things to think about :)
Joyska at 9:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home