Joyska's Journal: Diet Coke everywhere...but not a drop to drink!











Thursday, August 05, 2004

Diet Coke everywhere...but not a drop to drink!

The irony of this makes me laugh. As I said earlier I have been fasting diet coke, but for part of this week, I was allowing myself to have it... Well, I went out for lunch yesterday with the staff and very triumphantly and with great excitement ordered a diet coke. the response? "Is Diet Pepsi okay?" Is Diet Pepsi okay?!?!? Was he crazy? could he tell by the sudden fire in my eyes that it wasn't okay? Did he realize that at any moment I was going to jump from my chair and attack him? Is Diet Pepsi okay... unbelievable. Nathan, senseing my utter desperateness and dismay asked if he could go get one and bring it in... the waiter said NO!! Can you believe it?!?! I was in shock. So rather than this waiter apologizing, he aske again..."Is Diet Pepsi okay?" I'm sure that the glare he received from me could have melted rock, but I simply said... no, I'll just have water thankyou.

After recovering from that fiasco (spelling?) I went out for supper with a friend and wouldn't you know it, they also only had Pepsi. All is not lost however. I knew we were going to a movie, so I calmed myself by reminding myself that the theatre would have Coke and I could get a LARGE!!! Well, we went to the Globe theatre in Portage Place... sure enough... Pepsi. Happy Birthday to me!

I know what you are thinking, man this girl likes Diet Coke... let me just say this... I could quit if I wanted to...
Joyska at 9:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home