Joyska's Journal: Do you Believe











Sunday, April 03, 2005

Do you Believe

I was walking out of the prayer room after Saturday's teaching from Mike Bickle and I heard Misty begin to sing "Do you believe that the meek shall inherit the earth, do you believe I've chosen the broken?" (sung at least 6 times in a row).

I turned to Bev and said, wow, that was profound, and I've been thinking a lot about it since then. Do I believe that all that he said about the meek, about the broken, about his strength being made manifest in my weakness? Do I really believe that?

If I do, (which I always thought I did) than why does it matter whether or not the kids like me? It I do, then why am I so concerned about people seeing weakness in me? If I do, why am I afraid to fail?

If I did believe it, wouldn't I consistantly fall at his feet and welcome his mercy rather than trying desperately to convince myself that I am in control of my world and everyone around me. (I do enjoy having control over the 19 preschoolers in my class on a Sunday morning...hehehe) If I did believe that the meek enherit the earth, wouldn't meekness be a pursuit rather than a perceived weakness. Or if I saw clearly that God choses the weak and the broken, wouldn't I embrace the weak and the broken in myself AND in those around me?

These are not simple questions. It has stirred something in me. It has rattled something deeper. God is perfected in me in my weakness. Do I believe the meek will enherit the earth, do I believe he has chosen the broken? Do you?
Joyska at 10:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home