Joyska's Journal: i've seen enough to know











Monday, June 13, 2005

i've seen enough to know

When do we move from knowing to believing?

I've been thinking about that a lot lately as I teach moldable minds, but also as I read through scripture. When was the moment that the reality of what Christ did for me became a belief and a motivation, going beyond the knowledge of Sunday School stories. I remember the day that I said "the prayer". I was 13 at a Christian Camp in Michigan. Camp Geneva, a beautiful place on Lake Michigan and I camp I went to more than once. But for whatever reason, that year, the message of Christ's death and resurrection made sense to me, and I began the journey of Him becoming my king.

But was that the moment I believed, with my whole heart? It's a question I've been asking for years. But I had a moment tonight while I was in the prayer room that I realized, that I have seen enough of God to know that He loves me -- forever. So where does that motivate my life? I know that it becoming a deeper motivation than it has ever been. Maybe that is all I need to know.

Now I know that the reason that I live is to love HIM and be loved BY HIM. That is my believing... for there is none like Him, and I was MADE for loving Him. I've seen enough to know THIS truth. And it changes everything.
Joyska at 9:07 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home