Joyska's Journal: A Question











Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Question

Walked in to the prayer room this morning...
The chorus that was being sung was:
"Is this why you break me, so that you can make me a dwelling place of God?"
It's an interesting question to me in that I have been reading so much of the Old Testament as of late. I keep seeing this powerful God and his anger arroused at a people who quickly complain and give in to the temptations and alluremnents around them. Now I know from experience that God is not an angry God and that he is actually quite taken with us his creation, but I do wonder sometimes what it means when I feel so far away from Him.

The other day I was talking with someone and we were discussing difficult times being an invitation to deeper intimacy with God, rather than it being a "punishment" for our sin. That's a fascinating subject to me. could it be tat when the Lord is silent, it isn't because He is disappointed in me (my typical first response) or that my sin blocks the way (my next response) or that God is just distant and there is an eliment of cruelty in His aloofness... (yes I go there too...); but what if it is Him taking a few steps ahead of us, and he is waiting for us to come join Him. What if it is really Him inviting us to something new, a new response, a new adventure, a new depth of relationship in him.

I love when God is near, and I feel close and I know that we are "clickng along", but this new perspective of God drawing in the silence is an exciting one.

So again the question "Is this why you break me, so you can make me a dwelling place of God?" actually in some crazy way excites my heart.
Joyska at 7:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home