Joyska's Journal: I'm here! BRRR!











Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm here! BRRR!

It was 90 degrees F a few days before I left Kansas City... It is currently 4 degrees C (38 F) in Winnipeg. That is a bit of a shocker to the system. They say it will warm up to 14 C today (58 F) but we shall see.

One of my greatest joys is being with kids. This morning I woke up to the wonderful sound of Deanna and Deyan's little Simeon. He was sitting on the floor reading his books, pointing to the animals, making animal noises, and saying "girl, boy, and baby" as he looked at the pictures of people.

I came out of my room, said good morning Simba, and he looked up, smiled and offered me a book. I sat down with him, he crawled into my lap, and we read together for at least 3 books. I am always amazed when a child takes me into their heart. It is a privlege and honour and I love it!

The ride down to Winnipeg was good, each stop a little colder, but uneventful. Even the lady at the border was nice to us! Pam dropped me off in Winnipeg and she went on to Brandon.

I'm heading to church here shortly and am excited to see everyone again. It's only been 3 months, but it feels like a lot longer!

Have a good day, and you will whether you know it or not! (to quote a professor I know!)
Joyska at 7:24 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home