Joyska's Journal











Monday, April 25, 2005

Here I am, back in the prayer room. Yeah God! My head and heart are turning. I can feel it. There has been a growing longing in me for the presene of my King. I know that that is the place that I need to be found "at the end of the day". Mike Bikle uses that phrase a lot. "At the end of the day" meaning when all is said and done, when it comes down to it, or the most important thing... well for me these days, I think it is finding myself in his presence.

So what does that mean? Does that mean I am only in the prayer room, that it is only vailid if it is done 24/7? Of course not. I am in a unique place where prayer is happening 24/7. I am glad to be here, but I personally am not in the prayer room 24/7. What I notice is that I am almost everywhere BUT in the prayer room.

That is changing. I'm amazed how easy it is to fill my time with so many things. And I have given up a lot of those things that used to fill my time! This is not an easy way to live. I think it is easy to romanticize this place (IHOP-KC). Wow, prayer happening all the time, a direct line to the heavens, etc. I will definitely say that it is easier to find a place to pray here, and that the presence of God is evident in a room where the worship and prayer never stops, but I have to find myself here. That is the hard part. Everything I am doing is good, and I love it, but again, I want to find myself at his feet first.

Right now is a "Worship in the Word" set, where the musicians and singers work through a piece of scripture for 2 hours. They are singing about the beauty of creation and how creation cries out for him. It is really touching my heart, even as I sit here typing. God's heart is so big.. for me. He created the earth in all it's beauty and I am the crown of his creation. You are the crown of his creation!

Yesterday there was an interesting (terrifying) statistic that was given. In 1973 in America the Bald Eagle was put on the endangered species list. It is illegal in America to even own a bald eagle feather. The other law in 1973 that was passed was the right for women to abort babies. The eagle was protected and the crown of his creation was given a death sentence. I know that is a little strong... especially to the Canadian "tolerance" stance it is so well known for, but it is real.

In recognzing our own place in creation, we must see ourselves as beautiful to the creator. I'm not sure how this all fits together, but I know that God is stirring my heart and making me rethink a lot of things. (it's all good!)

Well, I am going to go and do what I came here to do! PRAY!!!
Joyska at 12:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home