Joyska's Journal: prayer time, or prayer life?











Friday, April 15, 2005

prayer time, or prayer life?

it's been another week of doing the stuff. I am finding that there are always people to meet with, there is always something to do, and if there isn't then there is always the prayer room. This, however is my dilemma. What I want to do, is first and foremost be in the prayer room. It is going to happen, as I am shifting around some of my time management strategies. The call to the staff in our last meeting was to continue to find yourself in the prayer room. It was kind of funny to me, that in a place where there are people in the prayer room 24 hours a day, there is a call for more prayer! But i am finding how easy it is to get doing the day to day, even here at the international house of prayer, where that is supposed to be our day to day, can get in the way of praying.

But what I love is that when it is noticed that there is some of that fervor waning, even just a little, the call goes out reminding us of the reason that we are doing the stuff in the first place. My "sacred trust" is that I will find myself in the prayer room 24 hours a week. That is only 12 prayer meetings a week. (roughly 2 a day) That has been a wonderful thing, but it is also easy to say, oh, i'll catch up on it tomorrow.

Let me be clear, I love the environment here and the way they continue to call us to that place of intimacy with God. I love that I can't do what I know God is calling me to here WITHOUT that intimacy from God. So it's a good thing all the way around. It just is a mind bender to move from fitting my prayer time into my life to fitting my time into my prayer life. That is the challenge that I am doing my best to rise to!
Joyska at 10:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home