Joyska's Journal: Responding to Cindy











Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Responding to Cindy

Wow, Cindy-lu has some good points to make in the comments of the last post. I want to though just respond with some other thoughts. When I said that I want to pursue meekness, it is in the context of the first definition you mentioned. I want to be one whose attitude is such that I recognize my weakness and not think of myself as something that I am not. That does not, however, mean that I am less than all that God has said I am. The meekness is not about position or standing with God, it's about being willing to be Jesus-like.

Weakness is reality. I do not pursue weakness in the same way I want to pursue meekness. I recognize daily that all my strength has to come from Him. The glory of what Misty sang that night was that God CHOSES the broken, that the meek WILL inherent the earth. (There is a whole context of Mike's teaching on this passage here that is missing in the discussion, by the way) What I know is that the words of John the Baptist are ringing in my head more and more these days "He must become greater and I must become less). There is much talk of a nameless faceless generation that will come and proclaim the glory of God. Is that because they are people who have no worth or place? No WAY! It is because they are proclaiming Jesus and the message is what is remembered, not the person who brings the message.

That is the essence of what I am after. I believe that especially as I work with the children (churched and unchurched) I NEED to have them remember what God speaks to them, not what Joyska taught them.

do you believe that the meek will enherit the earth? do you believe he has chosen the broken? They are questions that will raise different realities in different people. For me the question is still do I believe that he has chosen me, in my weakness, in my littleness, in my limitations...not do I believe it in my head, but do I believe it in my heart. The more I pursue this, the more I can say with confidence... Yes. I must pursue meekness, I have to believe that he choses the broken. To me at this point, it doesn't make sense otherwise, and it is awesome.
Joyska at 9:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home