Joyska's Journal: intimacy vs doing the stuff











Wednesday, April 20, 2005

intimacy vs doing the stuff

Do you ever go somewhere, hear something so moving and life changing, and totally draw a blank? I was planning on writing this thrilling, life altering post on what I heard in my Forerunner Foundation class and well... nothing.

Just kidding... with the help of my room mates I have been reinspired! Dana Candler (Deborah Hieberts triplet sister) spoke this morning about intimacy vs bible knowledge. Now before you get your commentaries ready to be thrown at me, let me explain. Her point was that the Pharisees in their day were the experts on the scripture. They knew them inside and out and yet they totally missed his coming. She talked about how important it is to have that deep intimacy -- that "I love you and you love me" time with God too. The knowledge needs to be unto relationship. The knowledge is still essential, it's not all pie in the sky kind of thinking, it is searching out who he is and what he does in relationship to who we are and what he has for us to do.

God's heart is for our heart. He wants all of us, not just our intellect. I have learned so much about God since I have turned my heart to his Word and to consistant reading and study, but it is easy to get stuck there. For what purpose am I learning? Is it to impress you all with my ability to pick things out of scripture at the drop of a word or phrase? Goodness, I hope not! My purpose of gaining knowledge is to know him better and to fall in love with the uncreated one, and to know without doubt his love for me.

There is so much to say after a three hour class filled with passion and truth. I know that there is so much that I need to learn still, but I long for it to be first and foremost about the relationship with my God, not the head knowledge, but the heart.

In the mean time, my goal also has to be to actually find more time to be in his presence. it's easy here to do the stuff (as I have said before) and miss HIM. I'm determined to NOT let that happen...
Joyska at 9:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home